What do you need to know about massage benefits?
Massage therapy aims to create a relaxed state and reduce pain, discomfort, anxiety, and fatigue by systematically and strategically manipulating the body’s soft tissues. A board-certified massage therapist. Having graduated from massage school, they can explore different types of knowledge according to their practice. This working definition encompasses a wide range of different massage styles and techniques to 마사지. If you are interested and able, self-massage and massages between couples can be beneficial during a pandemic.
- Relieving stress and relaxing: 홈타이 더 알아보기 Massage therapy has health benefits primarily related to stress relief. More research is needed to identify how much massage therapy lowers stress hormones like cortisol in the body. Still, anecdotal evidence suggests that massage therapy can promote relaxation and reduce stress.
- The intimacy between couples:Several studies suggest that physical touch does more than feel good. Earlier this year, a study published in SELF suggests that physical contact can lower blood pressure and increase hormones such as oxytocin. The Journal of Health Psychology published a small study in 2020 that found couples who give each other massages have a positive effect both on the giver and receiver.
- Relief from constipation:Your stomach massage might help alleviate some of your discomforts if you suffer from constipation or other digestive issues. Those dealing with post-surgery constipation were found to feel better and move their bowels with abdominal massages, according to a 2016 study published in Gastroenterology Nursing.
- Relieving tension headaches:Massage can relieve tension headaches or concentration headaches. The exact cause is unknown, but massage has been shown to relieve tension headaches.
- An illness caused by stress (insomnia): In addition to reducing stress, massages also promote better sleep, although there are other quality sleep habits you may want to consider, such as reducing screen time before bed.
- The relief of joint pain caused by temporary arthritis: Your massage therapist may provide temporary relief to your joints as they knead and massage muscles, causing them to swell and feel pain. For your therapist to walk you through how you might work together, mention that you have arthritis before your massage therapy session begins.
- Pregnancy Circulation:Massages can help with circulation, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Be sure to notify your massage therapist of your pregnancy (even if you aren’t showing) and to check with your doctor before booking an appointment.